A trademark is a sign such as a name, a logo, a combination of letters and/or numbers, a slogan, a colour or a combination of colours, a sound, the shape of a product or its packaging, or any other symbol. This sign is used to distinguish a company’s products or services from those of his competitors.
Obtaining trademark rights requires filing for a registration in the territory where the protection is sought, and is highly recommended. You will then be able to prohibit third parties from using your trademark or a sign that is confusingly similar to it.
To obtain protection, a trademark should be available and distinctive relative to the goods and services of.
How Can We Help ?
- Advice on the registrability of your trademark
- Advice on the availability of your trademark
- Preparation of a filing strategy that takes your specific needs into account
- Prosecution of your trademark’s registration with the authorities
- Representing you before BOIP, INPI, EUIPO and WIPO
- Prosecution of your trademark’s registration in foreign jurisdictions through our network of selected associates
- Management and optimization of your trademark portfolio
- Handling of your trademark’s renewal and administrative aspects during its effective life
- Defence of your interests in case of refusals, oppositions and cancellations resulting from actions of third parties or the authorities.
- Defence of your interests in case of trademark infringement
- Assistance with customs and border protection
- Negotiation and drafting of agreements (licensing, distribution, coexistence, etc.)
- Administrative and strategic audits of trademark portfolios
- Assessment of the monetary value of your trademark portfolio